It is completely normal to be having feelings of anxiety and distress during this unprecedented time. Whether you are in self-isolation or choosing to adopt social distancing measures, it is important to keep a positive outlook and good mental health. Beyond Blue has some wonderful strategies to combat the negative atmosphere and they include:
- Access good quality and credible information. This will assist in maintaining perspective.
- Try to find a healthy balance in relation to media coverage.
- Try to maintain a practical and calm approach.
- Observe good hygiene practices.
- Stay connected with friends, family and colleagues via email, social media, video conferencing or phone.
- Engage in healthy activities that you enjoy and find relaxing.
- Where possible try to maintain physical activity.
- Keep your regular sleep routines and healthy eating patterns.
- Remember that your efforts in staying home are helping others in the wider community.
- Avoid social media if you are finding it too distressing. Only check in on the news once a day.
Seek Support If You Need It
Beyond Blue has a dedicated page on its forums about coping during the coronavirus outbreak, click here to access it.
If you have any queries or concerns, we are here to assist. Visit www.careseekers.com.au or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org