When we launched the Careseekers platform, three years ago, our goal was to create a way for individuals and families to choose their own support workers.
Why? Because we truly believed that this was how individuals got the best support and were able to go about their daily lives with dignity, choice and control.
Three years later we feel even more strongly that having a support worker you chose equals better support and more choice, control and dignity over your daily life. Through our platform, we have seen:
· socially isolated individuals building relationships, which in turn grows their confidence in themselves and ability to get out there in the world.
· Individuals connecting with support workers who love doing what they do - swimming, cycling, chatting, enjoying music, art and more!
· Family members finding support workers they trust because repeated visits mean this worker has got to know and understand their family member with a disability.
Since Careseekers began we have been connecting self and plan managed NDIS participants to support workers. However, as we were not NDIS registered, agency managed participants have not been able to directly use our platform …. Until now!
Careseekers is officially a NDIS registered provider and as of 1 July this will be nationwide.
What this means for agency managed NDIS participants:
· Your funding will get you more support hours - We are Australia’s only NDIS registered platform where you can negotiate rates with workers. We don’t set the rates and workers don’t automatically charge the top of the price guide. There are no third parties involved which means admin fees are kept to an absolute minimum.
· You can choose your own support worker and it is this worker who will deliver your support every time.
· Careseekers can be your provider for any in-home or community related activities such as personal care, domestic assistance, social companionship, meal preparation, transport, community participation and therapy supports.
· With Careseekers as your provider, you access workers through our easy to use online platform and have our customer support team on call to assist.
What this means for us:
· NDIS participants who are agency managed can now use our platform to directly connect with workers. We no longer need to use a third party and increase your admin costs.
A bit more about Careseekers
Who are we?
Careseekers is an online platform that directly connects individuals and families with independent disability support and aged care workers.
Workers have profiles that detail qualifications and experience and have been subject to background and reference checks.
Where are we?
We are a national platform, connecting individuals and workers all across Australia.
How do I use Careseekers?
Simply visit Careseekers and do the following:
Search for workers in your area, using our search function. You can narrow your search by other criteria such as gender, skills and languages.
Post your support needs. Answer a few simple questions and create a job post. Interested and available workers will respond.
Message workers and find the one that you want to interview and engage.
Award the support worker/s you choose their role by completing a service agreement between yourself and the support worker.
Approve invoices. The worker will submit an invoice for you to approve. Once approved we will make sure payment is promptly made to the worker from your NDIS funding.
Support coordinators - keep track of any individuals you are supporting to use the Careseekers platform in one place, your support coordinator’s dashboard.
At Careseekers we are more than just a platform. Call us today on 1300 765 465 and find out how you can start finding disability support workers directly or start searching for support workers here.