If you are looking for an online platform for disability support workers that is an NDIS registered provider look no further than Careseekers.
Below we answer some Frequently Asked Questions that you may have about using Careseekers if you are an NDIS agency managed participant.
What is Careseekers?
Careseekers is an online platform that directly connects individuals and families with independent disability support and aged care workers.
Workers have profiles that detail qualifications and experience and have been subject to background and reference checks.
Where is Careseekers located?
Careseekers is a national platform, connecting individuals and workers all across Australia. Wherever we have a worker, we can make a connection!
To see if there is a worker in your area, begin by entering your suburb in our search bar. A list of local workers will appear.
We also suggest you post a job on the platform. Often there is a worker who does not live in your suburb but already travels to your area for work.
How much do I pay for care workers if I am NDIA managed?
You will pay the amount set by the worker, or negotiated by you to fit into your budget. This will incorporate the Careseekers 5% admin fee to cover your insurances.
You will not automatically pay the top of the price guide. This makes Careseekers a unique and affordable way for agency managed participants to access disability support workers. You get more value for money and more support hours.
How does it work?
Simply visit Careseekers and do the following:
- Search for workers in your area, using our search function. You can narrow your search by other criteria such as gender, skills and languages.
- Post your support needs. Answer a few simple questions and create a job post. Interested and available workers will respond.
- Message workers and find the one that you want to interview and engage.
- Award the support worker/s you choose their role by completing a service agreement between yourself and the support worker.
- Approve invoices. The worker will submit an invoice for you to approve. Once approved we will make sure payment is promptly made to the worker from your NDIS funding.
*Support coordinators - keep track of any individuals you are supporting to use the Careseekers platform in one place, your support coordinator’s dashboard. *
How will I know how much I can spend on support workers with my plan?
When we set up your service agreement with us, we will help you work out how much you can spend on support workers. If you have a support coordinator, we will be guided by them.
What if I don't like the worker that I have chosen?
No problem - simply cancel the services you have booked with them (we can help with this) and choose a new worker.
At Careseekers, our goal is to connect you with the right worker.
Please note that you must give reasonable notice when cancelling a service or the worker may charge you for the service. In your agreement with the worker you can state what is reasonable notice.
What if my worker cancels me? What happens to that booking?
If the services are not delivered you don’t pay for them. The booking is cancelled.
How can I use my NDIS funding with Careseekers?
Find a worker on the Careseekers platform to assist with any in-home or community related activities such as personal care, domestic assistance, meal preparation, transport, therapy supports, social and community participation.
Careseekers is registered to provide services in the following NDIS support categories:
- Assist personal activities
- Innovative community participation
- Development of daily living and life skils
- Household tasks
- Participation in Community, Social and Civic Activities
Is Careseekers right for me? Or the the NDIS participants I support?
We may be the right platform for you if:
- Your NDIS funding is agency managed - we are an NDIS registered platform.
- You want to see your money go further - We are the most cost effective NDIS registered platform. Rates are negotiated between you and the worker.
- You want to choose your own worker - this worker will deliver your support every time!
- You need a hand using an online platform - tech is here to support you, not to make your life harder, but sometimes it doesn’t feel that way! We have strong customer support. Over the phone, they can assist you to use the Careseekers platform.
To become a care or support worker, please visit www.careseekers.com.au/carer
To find aged care services, please visit https://www.careseekers.com.au/services/aged-care-workers
To find disability support services, please visit https://www.careseekers.com.au/services/disability-support-workers