We have been amazed by the work ethic and dedication to their clients by the care and support workers on the Careseekers platform since the COVID-19 pandemic began. At every stage they have stepped up to continue to deliver vital essential services to some of the most vulnerable members of our community.
As Australia continues to deal with outbreaks and a slow vaccine roll out, it is important that all front line workers continue to provide services to clients in the safest and most responsible way.
Care and support workers must deal with the COVID-19 pandemic in a way that not only prioritises their own health and safety but must also uphold high levels of COVID safety that protect their clients at all times. It is important to remember that any action taken has a ripple effect and can have lasting consequences for the entire community.
Being COVID Responsible Means:
- Use QR codes and check in and check out wherever you can.
- Get a COVID-19 vaccination.
- Wear a face mask when you are required.
- Get tested if you have the mildest of symptoms, even if you have been vaccinated.
- Self isolate until you get a negative result.
- Stay home if you are unwell.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands often and well.
- Gather outdoors or in large well ventilated indoor spaces.
- Physically distance where you can.
- Wear PPE when delivering services when required.
- Remember where you have been and who you have been with so contact tracing can be made easier.
To become a care or support worker, please visit www.careseekers.com.au/carer
To find disability support services, please visit www.careseekers.com.au/services/disability-support-workers
To find aged care services, please visit www.careseekers.com.au/services/aged-care-workers